- Shaun is Academic Head Training & Development at IH World, and is Manager of the IH Online Teacher Training Institute.
- He tutors on the IH Certificate in Online Tutoring course.
- He has more than 30 years of experience in ELT, holds an MA in technology and education, and teaches digital literacy and online course design at the University of Oxford.
- He is a trustee of IATEFL and makes the TEFL commute podcast for teachers.
- Outside of work, Shaun is something of a boardgame geek.
- Adam tutors on many different courses, including CELTA, DELTA, and Young Learner courses.
- He has worked in ELT since 1998 as a teacher, teacher trainer and academic manager.
- He strongly believes in CPD, individual approach and localisation of teaching and training.
- When he’s not teaching, he loves cooking, bowling, Turkish & Scandinavian literature and an occasional movie, run and swim.
Alison Ramage Patterson
- Alison is a tutor on the IH COLT course.
- She has worked in ELT around the world, including Russia, Spain, Malaysia, China and Saudi Arabia.
- She has a DELTA, MA (TESOL) and a CertIBET, and since 2010 has worked as a materials writer, content creator and editor.
- In her free time, she really enjoys all the benefits of living in Menorca.
- Andriy has been a teacher since 1984, and a teacher trainer since 2002.
- He runs teacher training courses in approx. 15 countries around the globe, from Canada to New Zealand.
- He considers his job to be a real blessing, as it gives him the chance to meet fantastic professional people all over the world.
- When he’s not training teachers, Andriy sings in a Ukrainian folk group.
- Bernardo has been teaching for over 15 years, and is currently an educational consultant and teacher trainer.
- He has written many ELT materials, including the ‘Practise and Pass’ exam series by DELTA Publishing, of which he is a co-author.
- He is very interested in using technology in class and is a Google for Education certified trainer.
- Darren has worked in ELT for more than 15 years, teaching in many different contexts.
- Currently, he does a mix of teaching, teacher training and examining, as well as online moderating.
- His main professional interests are integrating technology in ELT and expanding his knowledge and expertise in the EAP sector.
- In his free time, Darren enjoys tennis, rugby, swimming, the cinema, and tasting good food and wine on his travels.
- David has been teaching for around 16 years and has been involved in teacher training for 10 years.
- He also does some freelance consulting and materials writing for ELT publishers.
- When not working or spending time with his family, he enjoys going to tai chi classes and playing pool (badly) with friends of an evening.
- Emma has been tutoring on the IH COLT course since 2014, and also teaches on the IH OCYLT.
- She is a freelance teacher, teacher trainer and CELTA trainer and has worked in the UK, Argentina, Spain and Portugal.
- She regularly presents at ELT conferences, both face-to-face and online, and is continually intrigued by the developments in online teaching and learning.
- When not online, Emma's interests involve photography, cookery and a good book!
- Giovanni has been an ELT teacher for 15 years, teaching all age groups and levels.
- He has worked in Europe, Asia and the US, training pre-service and in-service EFL/ESL teachers.
- Over the years, he has developed an interest in sociolinguistics and the use of authentic text in the classroom.
- His dream is to open an Italian style wine bar in California and serve top-quality wine and bruschetta.
Find an OTTI course
- Jen is an award-winning ELT author, trainer, and consultant.
- She has more than 30 years’ experience in ELT and has written for most of the major English language teaching publishers, the BBC and Ladybird.
- For OTTI, she tutors on the COLT, CAM, VYL and OCYLT courses.
- She specialises in digital pedagogies and the safe and creative use of technology with young learners, and also volunteers for IATEFL.
- Kate is a DELTA-qualified teacher and teacher trainer who has worked in ELT for 14 years.
- She tutors for OTTI, including the IH OCYLT and IH VYL courses.
- Before becoming a freelance trainer, she worked in a language school in Italy for 13 years as an academic manager, trainer and teacher, teaching predominantly children and teenagers.
- Lily-Anne is a teacher and teacher trainer who has been teaching since 2002.
- For OTTI, she tutors on the IH BET and IH CAM courses, and has participated in several OTTI courses as a student.
- She is DipTesol qualified and has taught in many countries including China, Poland, Czech Republic and the UK.
- In her free time, Lily-Anne plays badminton in an amateur league, socialises with friends, dances and loves reading and studying.
- Lisa has worked in English language teaching for more than 20 years and has tutored with IH OTTI since 2012.
- Having worked around the world, she has experience as a teacher, trainer, presenter, materials writer, Academic Manager, examiner and inspector.
- She successfully completed the DELTA in 2005 and is a believer in lifelong learning and continual goal setting.
- Lisa has been a teacher since 2010, teaching in Japan, UK, Poland, Spain and Italy.
- She is both a CELTA and IH OCYLT tutor, and much of her teaching and teacher training focuses on Younger Learners.
- She has a degree in English and Sociology, a Postgraduate Diploma in Careers Guidance and has completed her CELTA, IHCYLT, DELTA, IHCOLT and IH Language Awareness Courses with International House.
- Lucie began her teaching career in 2002, before taking her DELTA in 2005 and moving into educational management.
- She became the IHWO DOS Community Coordinator in January 2020, a role she loves as it enables her to interact with, and learn from, the talented IH educational managers.
- Her areas of interest include educational management, particularly feedback and the learning organisation, and technology and she has spoken at many conferences on these topics.
- In her free time, Lucie loves eating nice food in the Southern Italian sun, watching stand-up comedy and solving brainteasers.
- Maureen has been involved in ELT since 1974 and currently tutors on the Academic Management OTTI courses.
- Over the course of her career, she has been a teacher, teacher trainer, and academic manager at middle and senior management levels.
- Her main areas of interest are academic manager development, teachers’ CPD, and integrating online and blended learning programmes.
- She frequently speaks at conferences about academic management issues.
- Melissa has been a teacher since 2001, teaching VYLs, YLs, teens, and adults of every level.
- Over the past five years, she has been an online teacher, specialising in the IH VYL and IH OCYLT courses, and is an occasional materials writer.
- She has completed her CELTA, DELTA, IH VYL, IHCYLT, and IHCOLT with International House.
- Olga has worked for IH for around 20 years, and has been a Director of Studies for almost 10 years.
- She is a teacher trainer for CELTA and DELTA, and tutors on the IH CAM, BET, 121, DOS and TT courses for IH OTTI.
- She holds a pedagogical degree and MA in TESOL and Applied Linguistics and is actively involved in developing online materials.
- She is also an IH inspector and Cambridge assessor with international experience of working in European, Asian, Middle Eastern and African countries.
- Paul has been involved with TEFL since 1997, when he completed his CELTA with IH London.
- He later completed his DELTA, and during his career has experienced many different aspects of the ELT world as a teacher, materials writer, editor, online and face-to-face teacher trainer, Academic Manager, School Director & Educational Consultant.
- He has been an OTTI course tutor since 2016 for various courses including the IH DOS and BET.
- Paul has been involved in Business and Academic Management and Consultancy since 2004 and has provided consultancy for Macmillan, Cambridge University Press and York Press.
Paula de Nagy
- Paula has been in the ELT teaching world since 1982, starting as a teacher, then part-owner of a school where she gained academic management experience.
- She joined IH where she worked as a DOS and teacher trainer, spending much of her time working on CELTA, DELTA and YL courses.
- She has been involved with OTTI since its early days and has both trained and written materials for the YL, CAM, DOS and TT courses.
- Currently she is a freelance trainer, and also assesses for Cambridge.
Xana de Nagy
- Xana has been teaching since 1984, taking her DTEFLA in 1987 and moving to teacher training since 1990.
- For IH OTTI, she tutors on IHCYLT, IHOCYLT and IHCAM.
- Much of her time is spent working on CELTA and training YL teachers, a field she is very passionate about.
- She has always been interested in teaching children and did her MSc in TEYL. Xana has worked in the state school sector in Portugal, training teachers to teach English to children, including VYLs, YLs and teens.
- Zorica has many years of experience in teacher training and holds an MA in ELT Methodology.
- She works on CELTA, and for OTTI, the IHC and DOS courses.
- Her main fields of interest are learning as a process, learner autonomy, action research to improve learning and teaching, teacher development, and curriculum and syllabus design.
- When she’s not working, Zorica enjoys long walks by the River Danube, doing yoga and meditating. And – she loves cakes.