Qualify with the IH Certificate in Teaching Very Young Learners
If you want to work with very young learners – 3, 4 and 5 year olds – the IH Certificate in Very Young Learners is the course for you.
Many schools and kindergartens around the world are now focusing on language teaching for very young children, so getting this qualification could open up lots of job opportunities.
What is involved?
There are 10 online sessions covering the following:
- What are Very Young Learners (VYLs)
- The Very Young Learner (VYL) teacher
- Managing young children in the classroom
- Coursebooks and materials
- Materials development
- Lesson planning
- Story telling for children
- Games for children
- Music and songs for children
- Early literacy and learning
Across the 10 weeks of t ecourse you will get involved in discussion forums, quizzes, readings, and tasks and activities to try out in your classes. This part time course is asynchronous, meaning you can access the material whenever it suits you.
Our participants told us some of the best bits are
- Getting lots of ideas from the other trainees and trainers: everybody shares their ideas and then you can go away and use them in your classrooms
- A takeaway of a bank of activities, games, songs that you can use with your children in class.
- It is primarily a very practical course where you can talk to a lot of other teachers like you from around the world.
"I learnt more than I thought I would. I thought that the course tutors were very helpful.” Michelle Hanspal
“It really helps to understand more how to approach VYLs in the classroom.” Gerhardus Swanepoel
“It's completely online and can be managed while working.” Amina Shebani
“It provides a lot of good practical advice when it comes to VYL, while giving enough theory to justify it.” Mal Boyd
“It was both challenging and informative. The course gave me the opportunity to learn many new ideas and strategies, to develop and improve my teaching, and connect with wonderful teachers from around the world.” Sofia Caprarulo
“It's got a hands-on approach.” Karina Fernandes
The IH Course in Teaching Very Young Learners is delivered by IH OTTI (the IH Online Teacher Training Institute). IH OTTI courses are accredited by AQUEDUTO, the Association for Quality Education and Training Online. This is a charitable organisation dedicated to evaluating blended and online training courses against a quality assurance framework. Aqueduto accreditation helps language teaching professionals identify high quality course providers and enrol with confidence.