This privacy notice explains what we do with the information we collect from you, and how we handle it and keep it safe.
1. Our basis for using your information
Information that you supply directly to us, for example if you complete an enquiry form or application, we process on the basis of your consent. We don’t use any personal data from publically accessible sources, or automated decision making or automated profiling.
Information you supply directly to us, we use only for the express purpose you have supplied it. For example, if you have given your details to apply for a course or a job, we will contact you about that course or job only. If you have signed up to a mailing list, we will include you on those mailings only. You have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
We will disclose your data or information to other parties if required by law, for example by a court order or for the prevention of fraud or other crime.
We also collect information through cookies when you visit this website, in order to operate our business successfully.
2. What data we collect
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit this website, we will collect an IP address and information regarding what pages you access on this website and when. See details about cookies (section 3).
- When you complete a form on ihteachenglish.com (for example to sign up to a mailing list), we record the information supplied (your name and email for example) and use it accordingly.
- When you apply for a job, we will pass this information to the school you have applied to. We do not pass your information to any other schools which you have not expressly applied to.
- When you apply for a course we collect your details in order to assist your application. We will forward these details only to the school you have applied to. We do not pass your information to any other schools which you have not expressly applied to.
- If you contact us with a complaint, we will share details of it with the school or person you are complaining about in order to investigate and assist its resolution.
- If you e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or any of the employees of International House World Organisation, you will be supplying some of your personal details. We will use this to respond to you professionally and transparently.
Unless you have set your browser to block cookies, this site will place the cookies on your computer. From Google Analytics, Google Maps and Mautic ( CRM).
4. Who we share your data with
We work with other companies, such as IT companies who support our website. They only have access to your data to such an extent as enables them to complete their contract with us.
We use third party tools, such as Campaign Monitor to send emails, and Mautic to operate our CRM. These may be based outside the EU.
We may share your email address with Google and/or Facebook (acting as data processors) for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us. Google and Facebook may also use socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar business interests to present our marketing to.
5. How long we keep your data
We only hold your data for long as is necessary. For example,
If you apply for a job, we will keep your information for no more than 7 months after the last time that you made an application.
If you apply for a course with us, we will keep your details for a maximum of 24 months.
If you make a complaint, we will keep your details for a maximum of 12 months from the date the complaint was resolved.
6. Your rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to the personal data we hold about you. We may levy an administrative charge for providing this.
- Ask for the correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Withdraw consent for us to use your data. If so we will stop using your personal data and delete it.
For any of these requests, we will respond within 30 days of receiving the request. Either email email@example.com or write to Data Protection, International House World Organisation, 7 Unity Wharf, 13 Mill Street, London, SE1 2BH.
7. Deleting your data
You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your data.
If you have signed up to a mailing list in the past, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link. This will then remove you from the list and stop any further emails.
If you have contacted us through an e-mail address, simply reply to that e-mail requesting that all correspondence about you is deleted. We will do this within 30 days, and confirm that it has been done.
8. How we protect your data
We take data security very seriously. We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data on our servers is password protected, and our servers are physically secured.
9. Who to Contact
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Data Protection, International House World Organisation, 7 Unity Wharf, 13 Mill Street, London, SE1 2BH.
If you think that your data has not been handled correctly, or if you are not happy with any communication we have had, you have the right to complain to UK Information Commissioners Office. They can be contacted on 0303 123 1113, or through www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to complain to the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
This policy was last updated on 15/3/21