About the teacher training centre
Do you want an online professional development course, no matter where you are in the world?
We have courses for every stage of a teacher’s career, from soon after your initial qualification to DELTA level and management courses.
On our courses you can ‘attend’ whenever (and wherever!) is convenient for you. You don't usually have to attend a live chat or webinar at a specific time, although sometimes there are live "meetups" so you have the chance to chat with your tutor and other classmates.
To help you there is ongoing support from your tutors in online forums and through individual feedback - and you'll probably find your other course participants are really helpful as well.
On this online business management course you will learn about the key components of marketing and finance. The material we cover will encourage you to become familiar with basic financial documents, and also to consider your organisation’s approach to marketing and promotion.
In this six week course, you will
- consider your organisation’s marketing objectives and the key components of the marketing mix;
- look at product life cycles and portfolios;
- consider aspects of financial and budget planning;
- look at how to read and understand a Profit and Loss Account;
- review how to cost a course and make a business case;
- The course is an asynchronous online course. It is designed this way so that you can access the material whenever it suits you. You don't have to log on at a certain time which means that wherever you are in the world the time difference is never an issue.
Assessment is through a portfolio.
Business Management course with OTTI
If you complete 5 of the 7 IH Specialist short courses for Managers in an Academic Context, you will be awarded the IHWO Diploma in Academic Management.
If you want to apply for a complete Diploma, 5 x 6-week courses, then you will pay a specially discounted fee of £1,860 for the 5 courses. This fee is not refundable if you don’t complete all 5 courses.
Alternatively, you can pay for each 6-week course separately. After you have taken the first course you will receive a 10% discount on the remaining 4 courses, providing you complete all 5 courses within 12 months.
Good news! If you work in an International House school you will receive a discount, reducing the fee to just £300.
Unfortunately, for both business and individuals located in the UK we have to add 20% VAT. This means you will pay £420, or £360 if you are IH staff.
If you are not based in the UK, you won't be charged this.