- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9 required
- At least two years post-initial qualification experience
- Online teaching experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate teacher to join our dedicated team at International House Tallinn.
There is a minimum of 18 real hours (60 mins) of teaching per week on offer for this position.
Timetables differ, but the majority of classes are taught on site. Lessons take place Monday to Friday; weekends are free. Classes may be online, face-to-face or a combination of both (hybrid classes), depending on the local Covid 19 situation and restrictions.
We offer General English classes, preparation for FCE, CAE, CPE and IELTS, individual classes and specialised business courses. All timetables include a mix of ages and level. The majority of our students are adults, but all teachers are also expected to teach young learners (from age 7 upwards). Lesson planning and admin duties are part of the job and teachers are expected to attend to those responsibilities diligently.
- The school provides comprehensive academic support and professional development.
- Monthly team meetings and training workshops
- Lesson planning support and guidance
- Peer and formal observations and personal feedback
- Well-stocked teachers’ room and resource library
- Multimedia facilities in every classroom
- access to cutting edge teaching materials
- supportive and cooperative working environment, focused on professional and personal development
- flexibility in arranging the work schedule
- resources from the IH World network
- Medical insurance is paid for by the school in the form of social security taxes. Once an Estonian social security number has been obtained teachers are entitled to (almost free) state healthcare.
- Once teachers get a registered address in Tallinn, they are entitled to a free public transport travel pass within the boundaries of Tallinn.
Visa: If necessary, the school will assist successful candidates with their visa & work permit application.