- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- You must be a qualified, working CELTA teacher trainer (with most recent course as ACT or MCT within last 2 years)
International House Bristol is a family-run language school in the heart of Clifton, established in 1987 and with a reputation built over many years for excellence in teaching, teacher training, and provision for U18s.
We are an authorized exam centre for a range of exams including:
- Cambridge ESOL exams
- Trinity GESE
We aim to provide a friendly, caring environment for language learners and trainee teachers. Our goal is to educate, inspire and empower through excellent teaching by experienced, committed, highly qualified staff and a comprehensive student welfare system that supports learners throughout their studies.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced professional to join our core academic team in Bristol on a full-time permanent basis, teaching a range of adults and juniors, General English and exams/ESP, CLIL and bespoke programmes, and to be one of our in-house qualified CELTA tutors teaching our CELTA programmes on a regular basis.
We pride ourselves on putting the needs of our students and trainees at the centre of all we do, and strive to create an experience which is useful, memorable and enjoyable for all concerned! If this sounds like the role and place for you, please contact Pete Gibson, the Principal and DOS, as soon as possible with your CV and supporting statement outlining your experience and the key reasons why you think you would be a suitable applicant.
Key skills required:
- Self-motivated and able to make decisions independently
- Strong organisational skills
- Accurate and willing to pay the necessary attention to detail
- An excellent communicator – telephone, verbal, in writing
- Reliable, personable, approachable and flexible
Closing date for applications 12th November 2021
Diversity, and safeguarding children (Under 18s) at IH Bristol
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Holidays:25 days holiday plus UK Bank Holidays