We’re looking for a qualified CELTA trainer with management skills .
- You must be an experienced CELTA trainer (MCT level)
- You must have a DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
We’re looking for a qualified CELTA trainer with management skills to head up the building up of a dynamic teacher training programme at one of the oldest Cambridge CELTA Teacher Training Centres in the world, International House Budapest.
The position involves managing the day-to-day functioning of the Teacher Training Department, maintaining quality standards, taking part in all aspects of expanding the programme according to market demand, as well as directly working on CELTA courses. The TT-DOS will be directly accountable to the Head of Teacher Training.
A suitable candidate for this position is an initiative taker, one who through an understanding of systems and through creativity identifies actions that will help maintain the delivery of quality teaching and teacher training at the school. This person has a balanced, global understanding of the perspectives of a business’ owners, management, department heads, trainers and teachers, and is able to carry out their own activities with the interests of all parties in mind. They have the capacity to manage and oversee others’ work and provide support, guidance and feedback that will enable others to perform at their best standard. This person understands what it means to grow into a job, to be responsible for but not bound by its stated structure, to evolve with the position in the interest of their own professional development as well as the development of the department and the school.
CELTA MCT level is a must. Good spoken Hungarian is an advantage. DELTA tutor status would be a significant advantage, and in this case the position will involve running DELTA courses at the centre. If the successful applicant is not a DELTA tutor, they should be suitable for DELTA training as there is a possibility of being trained up for DELTA tutoring in order to restart our home-based DELTA programme.
- Timetabling trainers on CELTA courses as well as other teacher training courses.
- Participating in decisions about course formats, dates, and size.
- In conjunction with the person responsible for marketing, monitoring the appearance of the Centre on its own marketing platforms (e.g. ih.hu, teacher-training.hu), updating content…
- Monitoring the appearance of the Centre on other platforms (other websites, forums, etc.) and acting to support the positive image of the Centre as needed.
- Raising the profile of the Centre through other ‘innovative’ means, e.g. Instagram, Twitter, tc.
- Working as a trainer on CELTA and other courses, time-permitting and according to need.
- Delivering workshops at local conferences. Note that this in particular may require working on the occasional weekend day.
- Delivering in-service training sessions to IH Budapest teachers (average one per month).
- Maintaining a relationship with the DOS and ADOS of ‘the Main School’, i.e. the part of IH Budapest that provides English courses, in the interest of supporting the functioning of that part of the school via various training methods (e.g. seminars, observation and feedback, observer training of Senior Teachers and DOSes).
- Raising the visibility of the Teacher Training Department among IH teachers in ‘the Main School’.
Our Teacher Training History
International House Budapest Teacher Training has for decades maintained a reputation as a provider of top-quality CELTA and DELTA courses. The Centre has attracted numerous talented trainers, and many of the top trainers in centres around the world got their start at IH Budapest.
The COVID era has brought considerable challenges to the programme, but with the support of new ownership (which started just prior to COVID) and the dedication of its existing pool of trainers, the programme carried on in a somewhat streamlined (i.e. scaled-down) form.
With the prospect of face-to-face courses restarting on the horizon, and with the continued support of the school owners, the Centre is looking not just to restore its pre-COVID levels of activity, but to expand the range of courses on offer. The current context offers an extraordinary opportunity for the right candidate.
Flights and Accommodation: To be discussed at interview
Visa: The candidate needs the righht to the work in the EU. The school will provide support in obtaining a Hungarian residency and insurance.
Holiday: You will benefit from 8 weeks holiday per contract year