- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the UK.
IH Manchester is looking to appoint an enthusiastic English Language Teacher for the summer period, with the possibility of continued employment for suitable candidates.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- To teach 15, 20 or 25 hours per week of General English and/or IELTS preparation classes to students aged 16+
- To prepare lessons, student reports and weekly schemes of work, and complete any administration tasks related to teaching assignments given, for example, maintaining accurate attendance records
Supervising social activities offers additional earning potential.
Working with IH Manchester will give you the opportunity to:
- gain experience of teaching students from all over the world in multilingual classes
- develop your teaching skills in a friendly, supportive team through regular teacher development sessions, observations with feedback, and peer observations
- help students to navigate life in an English-speaking environment and make the most of the English around them
Child Safeguarding information:
The successful candidate will need an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), as well as providing references from past employers that can be followed up, an overseas criminal records check if appropriate, and to undergo relevant child protection training. Being on the DBS Update service is a distinct advantage.