- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Experience in ELT/ESL education management will aid in your application
The role of the Learning Experience Coordinator is to support the Group Learning Experience Manager (GLXM) at centers in the delivery of a high quality and efficient EFL teaching programme in line with the strategic goals of Apollo centres in that group. This involves being a role model in providing excellent Apollo lessons, demonstration classes and placement tests as well as supporting the teachers, Centre Managers and operations involved in delivering the Learning Experience programme.
LXC responsibilities will be mainly limited to one centre in the group but they will need to be flexible to support functions and Learning Experience management at other centres in the group when required.
Duties & Responsibility
Learning Experience Delivery
Supporting the GLXM in the successful implementation of the entire Learning Experience at the centre group. This includes operations, procedures and the logistics for the academic programme.
- Helping deal effectively with any academic issues or feedback from customers or internal staff.
- Overseeing the use of the Learning Management Systems (LMS) to ensure that communication by teachers to parents is timely and sufficient.
- Assisting the GLXM with the Learning Experience aspects of Student Renewal.
- Working with the Vietnamese administrative officer, GLXM and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the scheduling function is carried out effectively at the centres.
- Helping to deliver the adequate provision of sales functions at the centres.
- Working with the GLXM to ensure the centres follow standardised Apollo policies and
procedures and raising non-compliance to appropriate stakeholders.
Teacher Development: Helping ensure that all teachers at the centres are able to consistently deliver the high learning experience standards demanded by Apollo and are part of a committed and developing team.
- Support the GLXM in ensuring that each teacher receives two formal observations (not including the formal observation within their probation period) within each 12 month period of employment with Apollo.
- Support the GLXM in ensuring each teacher receives three pop in observations within each 12 month period of employment with Apollo.
- Helping the GLXM to ensure all new teacher hires have the necessary support and inductions
in order to follow Apollo policies and meet quality expectations.
- Support the Learning Experience Team in delivering workshops and training.
- Ensure you are available at the centre during the key times to support the teacher team.
Management and Communication: Being a leader at the centre in terms of setting a good example, and being a point of reference for all academic related matters with the main centre. This includes communication with the teaching team, having good communication with all other teams within the centres, and ensuring you complete tasks to the appropriate level of detail and by the set deadlines. It’s equally important that staff morale remains high, and there is a
cohesiveness within the team, so everybody feels happy to be part of Apollo English.
Other management-related tasks to be discussed further during the interview/provided on request for full JD of the position.
Accommodation: Hotel and car pickup arrangements upon arrival
Visa: Full visa and work permit support
Holiday: Contractual Annual leaves, Sick leaves