- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- Experience of teaching young learners or teens
Due to an increase in demand for courses, we are looking for an EFL teacher to join our energetic and creative teaching team.
We are looking for teachers who enjoy teaching English to young learners and teens as well as to adults and who are committed to providing their students with the best conditions under which they can learn and flourish.
We are particularly interested in teachers with the following experience, skills and/or knowledge:
- Previous successful teaching experience (zoom and face to face)
- Ability to teach well prepared lessons with clear learning outcomes which meet the students’ needs
- Excellent classroom management techniques which engage all students
- Good language awareness in order to effectively teach the level required
- Ability to bring creativity into the classroom
- Ability to include 21st century skills in lessons
- Experience of teaching Cambridge exam preparation courses
- A positive approach to problem solving
- Commitment to own professional development (i.e. active participation in CPD sessions & observations)
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to ask for help and support when you need it
- Intercultural competences with the ability to adapt to the local Italian context
- Enthusiasm and positivity to meet the challenges of the job
- Ability to communicate well with a diverse range of people
- Effective skills for marking homework and writing end of course reports
- Effective digital competencies in order to complete online registers and other related administration
- Well organised
- Previous teaching experience in Italy or other southern European countries
- Ability to speak basic Italian
The successful applicant will be supported by the Academic Management Team who will provide an induction package as well as regular 121 meetings. In addition, CPD sessions for teachers are held every 2 weeks.
The school, which was opened in 1979, is located close to the historical centre. Arezzo, which was known as Aritim in Etruscan, played an important role over the centuries due to its strategic position along the Roman Via Cassia.
Arezzo is a town of art and poets. The old town centre bears the fascinating signs of its rich history and of the great artists who left their precious mark there during the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, enriching it with the magnificent works of art which can be found in its squares, buildings and monuments.
Further details about the school and the work available, including the full job description, will be sent out on receipt of your CV.
Flights: The school gives a contribution towards flights - details are included in the information sent out to applicants
Accommodation: The school helps the successful applicant to find accommodation
Holiday: Teachers accrue 2 days paid holiday a month, which is usually taken during the periods the school is closed.