About the teacher training centre
IH Milan was founded in 1982 by Sieglinde Wolkan and Claudio Tedesco, and they still run the school today. There are two main premises - one in the city centre (just a stone’s throw from the Duomo Cathedral) and one in San Donato Milanese.
CELTA courses are held at a purpose-built centre located a convenient 100 meters from the Brenta metro stop. Brenta is centrally located and easy to reach via a metro from Duomo.
Teacher training is key to what the school does, and since 2007 IH Milan has organised a conference for teachers from the state and private schools sector. This conference, dedicated to the teaching of languages, attracts internationally renowned speakers and really does put IH Milan on the TEFL map.
Away from these big events, IH Milan is a working language school and teacher training centre which maintains a friendly, supportive and positive atmosphere.
IH Cert in Teaching Young Learners and Teenagers
The International House Young Learners and Teenagers’ programme is an extremely practical course designed to enable candidates to:
- effectively transfer and apply their existing English teaching skills from an adult to a young learners and teenagers context
- gain a deeper understanding of how young learners and teenagers learn and how to cater to their needs, interests and motivation
- plan for and stage effective lessons in order to teach language lessons and to develop their language skills
- acquire and use a range of communicative activities, games and resources in order to make language learning fun, communicative and meaningful
- develop effective classroom management strategies and techniques in order to competently manage classes of young learners and teenagers
- continue their own personal development as teaching professionals after the course
The course is moderated by Cambridge Assessment English. This means your certificate will include the Cambridge logo, adding value to your qualification.
IH CYLT at IH Milan
The timetable for the IH CYLT at IH Milan is:
- lessons on Mondays and Wednesdays
- assessed teaching practice will take place in the morning
- Monday June 7th - no morning lesson – course starts at 2.15pm
- Cost: € 850* + €2 tax fee (includes IHWO/Cambridge fee for external moderation and final certificate
Tutors at this training centre
Stephanie Jane Holme
To have a rewarding career in EFL, it’s important to understand that teaching is learning – you have to be willing to keep on developing as a teacher to meet learners’ needs and feel rewarded.
Training to be a teacher is a journey. It’s a challenging journey but I hope that along the way my trainees discover the joys of teaching. I hope they will see that good teachers make a real difference to students’ lives. And finally, I hope that my trainees learn more about themselves – that they discover new skills and talents they had no idea they had.