About the teacher training centre
IH Wroclaw opened in 1994. We teach children, teenagers and adults, in groups or individually. We offer general and business language courses, and help students to prepare for exams. We also run the CELTA and DELTA teacher training courses.
Our school is located in the centre where you have access to a range of eating options at lunchtimes and in the evenings. Practical amenities such as stationary shops, a post office etc. are close at hand.
The medieval Old Square (Rynek), which is the main focal point of the city centre, is literally just seconds away from the school. Some say it is the most beautiful Rynek in Poland. In the summer the square is lined with open-air cafes and bustling with street entertainment, which makes it an excellent place for relaxation after a hard day of training!
The best thing about the school is the atmosphere - the school is professional but relaxed, which means that it’s easy to interact with and get to know some of our regular teaching staff who —who knows—could be your colleagues someday.
There are ten classrooms, a teachers’ room and resource centre with computer facilities, printer, photocopier and a library. There are OHP in input and TP classrooms, CD players etc.
What is DELTA Module 1?
DELTA (Diploma in teaching English to speakers of other languages) covers advanced theory and practice to help you develop in your teaching career. You need at least one year’s experience to make the most of it.
There are three modules, which you can take in any order.
DELTA Module 1 is “Understanding Language, Methodology and Resources for Teaching”. This is the examined module, and is primarily theoretical. Topics are
- Theory of language acquisition and language teaching
- Different teaching approaches and methodologies
- Language systems and linguistic problems
- Language skills
- Resources, materials and reference sources for language learning
- Assessment concepts and terminology
DELTA Module 1 at IH Wroclaw
Please note that the exam fee is not included in the prices quoted.
We believe this is what marks us out:
- Quality assured: we have been delivering initial teacher training courses since 1994 and have a long tradition of quality teacher training.
- Consistency: our training team is not only highly experienced, but also works together throughout the year (we very rarely use freelancers). This means that you can be sure that our trainers, despite their differing teaching styles and personalities, will be clear and consistent in their message to you.
- Context: we are not just a highly active CELTA centre but also run the Cambridge DELTA course as well as a range of specialised post-CELTA courses. That means that you are getting your training within a broader training context
- Service: we pride ourselves in our personal touch, from your first inquiry through to your last day on the course and beyond; we do our best to give you the support you need.
- Wrocław: a great city to visit and live in. Everyone finds their niche here, whether they like the nightlife or the hiking in the nearby Karkonosze Mountains.
Our candidates are usually a mix of nationalities from all over the world, both native and non-native speakers.
Tutors at this training centre
I like working on pronunciation a lot, which is what I often bring up in sessions. I think it’s just so important to include pronunciation practice in English classes on everyday basis as it is connected with increasing students’ communicative and listening abilities.
I hope for my trainees to be knowledgeable – about the English language, language acquisition and teaching techniques; empathetic – placing learners' needs, reactions and contributions at the heart of their planning and teaching; and principled – able to express clear rationales for each lesson and lesson stage.
To get the most from the course and your TEFL career, keep on reflecting, experimenting with your techniques and never stop learning. Try to enjoy teaching as much as you can – if you enjoy it, your learners will too.