- Previous experience as Teacher Trainer is essential;
- ADOS/DOS experience of 5 years is essential;
- You must have 3 DELTA modules;
- You must have a MA degree in Applied Linguistics or Teaching;
- Ability to work in a team with the top-management, share the same values and ideas is essential
1. Teacher Training
Yearly plan of the BKC-IH development - create, closely follow, monitor and achieve results.
- Prepare for and run Cambridge DELTA Modules (1,2,3), IH CAM, IH 1-2-1 courses, TKT Modules (1,2,3,YL), CELTA, trainings on preparing students for international exams (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge exams) etc.
- Interview candidates for different teacher training programmes (e.g. CELTA, DELTA Modules (1,2,3,), IH CAM, IH 1-2-1, TKT 3 Modules, TKT YL, Language and Methodology courses) and advising on which course will meet the applicants’ needs.
- Design CPD scheme in collaboration with EMT and teacher-trainers to meet organisation needs, based on and reflecting feedback from EMT and school directors.
- Collect and analyse feedback from schools on further teacher development needs on a regular basis.
- Design and deliver seminars and trainings for outside teachers.
- Prepare and run seminars and trainings for BKC teachers.
- Prepare programme for Saturday Seminars and workshops for BKC teachers.
- Deal with and trying to resolve any grievances that course participants may have.
- Take part in running in-house teacher training seminars and workshops for newly qualified teachers and experienced teachers (YL Induction programmes, Language Awareness workshops, Methodology workshops, YL and Teens workshops, etc).
- Write course syllabus for training programmes for different universities/state schools/language schools in Moscow upon request. Supervising and delivering those programmes.
- Take part in BKC-IH marketing projects upon request including making presentations or giving seminars.
- Take part in updating Teacher Training web-site and helping with advertising materials.
- Control quality of teaching at BKC-IH by doing observations, teachers' training.
- Collect feedback about teachers performance from recruitment department, schools managers and EMT.
- Coordinate, monitor work of teacher trainers and help if necessary.
- Take part in the work of the EMT and giving help and guidance where necessary.
- Run and participating in EMT trainings.
- Be involved in observation of EMT members.
- Be involved in observation of BKC-IH teachers upon request. Keeping the Teacher Training department and the Recruitment department informed on the results of observations.
- Taking part in orientations of new teachers.
- Being involved in observations of BKC-IH teachers on regular basis. Giving a copy of observation reports to the Recruitment department.
- Cooperate with the Recruitment Department in considering successful CELTA trainees for teaching positions at BKC-IH.
- Cooperate with the Recruitment Department in working with schools’ complaints on teachers’ performance.
- Deal with complaints on a teacher’s performance of his/her educational and administrative duties in accordance with the complaint procedure.
- Discuss major strategic decisions at the EMT meetings and confirmed by senior management.
- Supervise a number of teachers (as agreed with Recruitment, 10-15 on average), informing them of the school procedures and policy, supervising them during their trial period.
- Be informed of the resources available in the Teacher Training and Teachers room libraries.
- Analyse teachers’ and course participants’ needs and demand on methodology books, grammar books, dictionaries, text books and supplementary materials.
- Recommend materials to teachers and course participants.
5. New projects
- Initiate, be involved and actively react on new projects and implementation.
- Analyse school needs and suggest ideas for improvement.
6. BKC IH Moscow
- Motivate and encourage BKC-IH teachers for further professional development (observations, feedback reports/sessions,training and offering support on certain TEFL aspects, recommending teachers for training programs and suggesting their promotion to positions of responsibility etc).
- Create and sustaining business-like attitude and loyalty towards the company; handling confidential information; encouraging co-cooperativeness.
- Be active in discussion and plans for the future structure, direction and growth of all areas of the educational work of BKC schools.
- Promote BKC-IH Moscow between the teachers and course participants; clarify strategy and regulations; disseminate information following EMT meetings, ADOS team meetings and briefings with administration and Board of Directors.
- Be active in forming the culture of the company, its mission and values.
- Pursue self-development options, using the training fund when appropriate.
- Flight ticket reimbursement
- Separate accommodation in a studio flat
- Unlimited public transport car reimbursement
- Full visa and legal support
- Visa fee reimbursement up to a max 50 $
- Monthly bonus
- Paid holidays
- Office is located within 5 min walk from the Kremlin
- Full support of all the departments in the company