- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
IH Hamburg is looking for an Italian teacher who can teach two Italian classes on Monday afternoons/early evenings. We are looking for a motivated individual who would like to work with students longterm (at least one year or longer).
The job in short:
- Online classes (Zoom)
- On Mondays at 4.40pm and 6.20pm
- Duration: 70 minutes per teaching slot
- Level of classes: A1 and B1
- 21-27 Euros per lesson (depending on your experience)
- Freelance contract; starting on 22nd August 2022
- Regular working hours, breaks during the Hamburg school holidays
Our school is a language club with a highly motivated team of teachers. Students attend classes once a week and enjoy the social aspect of learning. Our school is a place to meet people and learn from and with each other.
This is the right job for you if you have an initial teaching certification and enjoy the social aspect of teaching. Speaking basic German can be of an advantage but is not a requirement. Classes can be held face-to-face if you already live in Hamburg.
About the school:
This is our school:
We are the biggest privately founded institute for language and computer classes for adult learners in Hamburg. Our head office is situated by the Stadtpark in Winterhude. It features well-equipped classrooms and a lounge with a terrace as well as a sun porch. Additionally, we hold language classes in five other parts of Hamburg. Our dedicated office staff are always willing to help you with administrative matters and other problems concerning your courses. Furthermore, we support the further development of the competences of our teachers by offering them various possibilities to extend their knowledge and skills. Our friendly teaching staff meets regularly to exchange ideas and experiences and would be very happy to welcome you at their next meeting.
This is Hamburg:
Hamburg is Germany’s second largest city with a history reaching back into the ninth century. Its port is Germany’s largest harbour and is a tourist attraction itself, neighbouring the old town centre and being the starting point for the popular harbour round trips by boat. It’s also a city of music, with two major concert halls for (mainly) classical music, an opera house and two halls for musicals, as well as an abundance of clubs. Hamburg is also the home of Miniatur Wunderland, the largest model train set in the world and Germany’s most popular touristic site as well as a range of beautiful parks and a lovely lake in the very heart of the city, which invites you to trips on historical steam and motor boats and also paddling and rowing activities. Several canals are directly connected to the central Alster lake and are destinations of the boat trips and starting points for rowing and paddling tours.
You love mastering challenges by:
- employing creative ways to make your students speak (e.g. pair work, group work, mingling, walk-and-swap activities, running dictation and other activities)
- using the coursebook mainly as a guideline and extending/adapting it to the needs and interests of your language students
- choosing the didactically appropriate teaching material and adapting it to your group
- identifying group dynamics and working with the flow of the group
- recognising the individual learner within a class
- advising and helping new students find the right courses for them
- successfully managing your group on a long-term basis
- exchanging ideas and experiences concerning your groups with your colleagues as well as with the office staff
Our teachers must be qualified, i.e.:
- a teaching qualification such as CELTA, Trinity, a university-issued diploma such as PGCE (UK) or Staatsexamen (Germany)
- other professional professional experience (e.g. training as an actor, dancer, coach, musician, professional experience with children, experience as a business person or psychologist)
- experience with different kinds of learners and the progression of group dynamics
- a profound knowledge of methodology in regard to giving courses
- excellent communication skills, a sense of reliability and a joy of teaching adults.
We are just the right school for you if you:
- prefer to give constant and regular classes
- use a wide range of teaching materials and appreciate well-equipped classrooms
- want to enjoy the support by an office team for all administrative issues from 8.30 a.m. to 8.15 p.m.
- appreciate the help and assistance from our teacher trainer
- want stand-in teachers covering your language classes in case of illness or if you are on holiday
- would like to attend regular further trainings which are fully subsidised
- want the opportunity to attend language and computer classes for free
- take part in the regular exchange of ideas at our teachers’ meetings
- want to enjoy our lounge area with terrace and sun porch as well as free refreshments
Are you looking for a reliable partner appreciating your work and promoting your professional development? Then we look forward to your online application.
If you like, you can get to know us by taking part in our weekly teacher training course for free (language teachers only):
How to apply:
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org