- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- At least 2 years teaching experience dealing with a variety of learner profiles (YL, Teens, Exams, Adults).
- Mastery of English at CEFR level C2/IELTS band 9 or above.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly-motivated Senior Teacher with EU citizenship + CELTA/CertTESOL who is teaching English as their career and are looking for a senior management position. The position will start in August 2020 and will last until 30th June 2021 (with the possibility of staying on for the 2021/22 academic year). International House Torun has an excellent reputation for its continuous professional development that it offers its teachers. Come and be part of our team!
*DUE TO VISA CONSTRAINTS WE CAN ONLY CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM EU CITIZENS.
If you are looking to develop as a teacher, then IH Torun is the school to work at. We offer teacher development sessions once a week as well as weekly free basic conversational Polish lessons with a qualified Polish teacher. You will assist the DOS in the smooth running of the school & contribute to the educational excellence of the school. You will be teaching 21 Teaching hours per week and providing substitution, as well as provide teacher support and help the DOS with all school administration. You will also help lead input sessions both during induction week and throughout the school academic year and also conduct placement tests for new students and observe teachers (both drop-ins and full observations). You will liaise with the DOS over teacher/student administration and potential issues.
There is no weekend teaching, though on some Saturdays (no more than 4 a year) you'll be involved in some social events.
- CELTA/Cert. Trinity TESOL or equivalent
- At least 2 years teaching experience
- Enthusiasm for a wide range of experience
- Willingness to take advantage of the educational opportunities available
- Flexibility of approach
- Confident and positive communication skills
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of co-operating with Heads of Departments/Coordinators
- An empathy for the aims, objectives and ethos of International House
- High motivation and commitment to the educational success of the school
- Co-operate with the management
- Be assertive and help towards leading a team
- Use own initiative in the support and development of teachers
- Set an example to and motivate teachers
- Share ideas and materials
Flights: We cover return flights from within Europe with a low-cost airline. The one way inbound flight is reimbursed at the start of the contract and the outbound return flight is reimbursed at the end of the contract.
Accommodation: Accommodation is provided in a single room in a shared flat (shared with one other teacher). The flat is a 20 mins walk away from the school. All flats are modern and fully-furnished.
Holiday: Poland has quite a few holidays (e.g. Christmas, Easter, the 2-week winter break, 1st/3rd May, etc). You will be paid the full monthly salary regardless of your time off for these holidays