- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
International House in Poland is looking for an EFL Teacher to work in its Bilingual Primary School “Primary Steps.” This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in working with young learners and wishes to develop professionally in the EFL world in a well-established and supportive school, whilst immersing in authentic Polish culture amidst the backdrop of a beautiful mountainous region.
Details of Position
International House Bielsko was established in 1993 and has a very solid reputation in the local community. Since 2014 the school has been running a Bilingual Primary School “Primary Steps,” with approx. 200 children between 7 and 14 years old.
Alongside the Polish Curriculum, the school provides intensive English classes for all children. We also run a very successful STEM program, which teaches integrated Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics through the medium of English. In addition, the school’s Forest School program provides opportunities for children in years 1-3 to further develop their English skills through outdoor activities in a local woodland setting. Quite a lot of students have native, or near native proficiency in English. You will find more information about the school on our website: www.szkola-anglojezyczna.pl/en/
A weekly workload will include up to 22 teaching hours (45 min.) of Intensive English and STEM lessons to students aged 7-15. We offer daily support in all areas of teaching by our Coordinator and the DOS.
Duties will also include:
- Running individual parent /teacher meetings
- Being available to meet with parents.
- Attending meetings with the School Director and Coordinator
- Taking part in school assemblies.
- Talking to students during breaks and lunch to create an English atmosphere.
- Taking part in school events, performances, and shows.
- Emergency standby cover.
We are dedicated to the learning of both our children and teaching staff and we offer training sessions and support in all areas of teaching. Training sessions and teacher meetings are part of the contract. We offer a wide choice of teaching guides, resources, aids and materials.
The school is located in Bielsko-Biala, in the south of Poland near modern ski areas in the beautiful Beskidy Mountains. The location is ideal for teachers who are interested in skiing, snowboarding, hiking, sailing and horse riding, as well as those who wish to travel around Europe as there are connections to Prague, Berlin, Budapest to name just a few.
Bielsko–Biala offers a low cost of living, friendly people and the opportunity to experience real Polish life. There are also all of the amenities you would expect (gyms, cinemas, restaurants, bars, jazz clubs, swimming pools, bowling and go-karting centre, tennis courts, ropes courses, shopping centres & supermarkets (including Tesco),etc. Krakow is around 1,5 hours away and Warsaw is around 4 hours away.
- Why would a teacher want to live and teach in Bielsko-Biala?
We are located in the state of Silesia in the southern part of Poland. This is a great place to live because it has a lot to offer the modern day intrepid explorer, traveler or local resident
* Enjoy rich natural beauty? - Miles and miles of wilderness pathways to enjoy on your own or with friends as we are situated at the foot of the Beskid Slaski and the Beskid Maly mountains
* Love hiking? - Endless mountain walking trails and enchanting mountain refuges for overnight stays
* Ever skied or snowboarded? - Try our lower slopes or take a cable car to a higher point, only a 10-minute bus ride from the city center
* Experienced winter sports person? - Let loose on one of Poland's most renowned ski resorts, Szczyrk, only a 30-minute bus ride from the city center
* Looking for more? - We have something for everyone - modern and large fitness centres and gyms, tennis, horse riding, pubs and night clubs, cinemas, clean and modern swimming pools, bowling, go-karting, mountain biking trails, ice-skiing, rollerblading, indoor wall climbing and jump parks, supermarkets (Tesco), international cuisine, dancing centres, pottery workshops etc.
* Fancy visiting Slovakia or the Czech Republic? - Jump on a bus or train and you won't be disappointed, only a 30-60 minute bus or train ride from the city center. How about Prague, Vienna or Bratislava - only 3-4 hrs by train or bus
* Interested in historical architecture? - Wander around the city and admire our Art Nouveau, castle and old city area, we are known as Little Vienna
* World War History Buff? - Visit the infamous Auschwitz-Birkenau Nazi concentration camp for the day, only 30 km from us
* Like eating and shopping? - Visit our 4 large shopping centers or roam amongst our quaint boutiques and hidden cellar bars and cafes throughout the city's squares and cobblestoned alleyways
* How about some large urban exploration? - Regular and daily buses, coaches & trains to Katowice (45 minutes), Krakow (90 minutes), Wroclaw (3 hours), Warsaw (4 hours), Gdansk (7 hours but well worth the journey time) and inhale the secret health benefits of the iodine saturated air or find some treasure (amber) on the Baltic seaside only 8 hours away
* Wish to fly home for a break? - The 2 closest airports Katowice-Pyrzowice (Domestic & European cities) and Krakow (Domestic, European & America), are only 80kms away