IH Online Teacher Training Institute
We’re recruiting tutors to work on IHWO’s online teacher development courses.
IHWO through its online site offers asynchronous teacher training courses to teachers all over the world. It offers the full range of IH Courses from initial certificate in teaching through to courses in academic management and teacher training. We currently offer the courses around the year but particularly starting October, February and May.
An online tutor can work anywhere between 7 and 15 hours a week depending on course type and number of participants on the course. In addition to online work, a tutor is also required to mark weekly written task submissions as part of their duties. We aim to give all tutors in our team at least one course per academic year.
We are looking for people to join our tutoring team who meet the following criteria:
- Online teacher training qualification from a recognised body.
Please note this a strict requirement for working on our site and we cannot consider anybody who does not hold such a qualification.
- Teacher development experience, particularly desirable are those trainers who can work on YL, CLIL, Business English and / or Academic Management type courses.
Preferred (but not essential)
- Have experience of online course delivery.
- Knowledge of the IHWO suite of courses.
- The ability to work flexibly (the workload can vary from course to course) and meet deadlines.
- The ability to log onto the course site daily.
- Hold a higher level teaching qualification.
How to apply
Please complete the application form found at the link below by Saturday 30th July.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete an online preparation course from which successful applicants will be added to the pool of tutors.