- Essential: CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent initial teaching qualification.
- Essential: EU or British passport holders ONLY can be considered for this post.
- Essential: Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 8 required, evidenced by a high standard of written and spoken English throughout the application process. This applies to both native and non-native applicants.
- Preferred: a minimum of six months of recent teaching experience, including on Zoom.
We are looking for enthusiastic teachers who would like to join our dynamic team at IH Bydgoszcz, where we have been providing high quality lessons and teacher support for 27 years.
We provide a highly supportive environment where your career can go from strength to strength through our comprehensive development programme. We welcome applications from both early-career and more experienced teachers, though at present we would prefer teachers with at least three months of experience, including online teaching.
- One-week paid induction.
- Weekly collaborative planning meetings.
- Free attendance at the IH Bydgoszcz and IH Torun Teacher Training Days.
- Weekly workshops.
- Peer, formal and video observations.
- Large library of professional development resources.
- Weekly survival Polish lessons.
- IH Certificate in Teaching Younger Learners and Teenagers (IH CYLT) for teachers who return for a second year, with teachers covering only the cost of the certificate – we pay for the course.
- A supportive staffroom, with senior staff are available to help with anything you need when planning.
Your timetable will include a mix of ages and levels, including teenagers, adults and 121s. You may also have young learners, very young learners and in-company classes, depending on your experience and preferences. It will be divided between face-to-face and Zoom lessons. You will teach about 20 clock hours a week, with no weekend teaching, although you may occasionally be asked to help out with school social events. Some of your classes will be off-site, and wherever possible you will be driven to these lessons, with travel time paid.
Pay and benefits
- Salary: 1,650-2,118 PLN per month depending on qualifications, experience, timetable, and years at IH (as detailed in the contract).
- Full-time ten-month contract.
- Basic salary paid regardless of hours worked. Overtime and travel paid.
- Shared accommodation in a flat with another teacher within 25 minutes walking distance of the school, including utilities (not internet), all paid for by school.
- We reimburse flights from London to Bydgoszcz, and provide return transport, Bydgoszcz - London on completion of the contract, or will refund the equivalent value for other travel methods or routes.
- All EU citizens are eligible for national healthcare under the Polish health system. However, the school may also cover the cost of private healthcare arrangements at its own discretion.
- Regular holidays throughout the year, including two weeks at Christmas/New Year and two weeks in January/February. Approximately two weeks pro-rata holiday pay is paid at the end of the contract.
- Plus all of the professional development!
Bydgoszcz is in the north of Poland, with excellent transport links to the rest of Europe, including an international airport with direct flights to London Stansted, London Luton, Birmingham and Frankfurt, making it a good base to explore from. It is also within easy reach of airports in Gdansk, Poznan, Warsaw and Berlin by bus and train.
The city has about 360,000 people, with something for everybody. There is a gym and a cinema next door to the school. Bydgoszcz is well-known for its beautiful parks, including one across the road from school and the largest city park in Poland a 10-minute tram ride away.
Few people dream of Poland as the place they want to end up once they've qualified as an EFL teacher. Fewer still have heard of our city, and even fewer can pronounce it (here's some help!), but everyone who lives here comes to appreciate how liveable it is as a city, and how great it is as a base for exploration of the rest of Poland and Europe.
We take great care to help teachers settle in to their new life teaching English in Poland, supporting their health and wellbeing. Having IH Bydgoszcz on your CV is a guarantee of quality, and will stand you in good stead for the rest of your career, so why not join us?
Take a look at the school page here.