Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- A degree is required
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Teaching business/general English, and IELTS and main suite exam prep courses; teaching students of all ages; intercultural adaptability.
Are you a teacher who is enthusiastic, adaptable, collaborative, and committed to inspiring your EFL students? If so, we have a spot for you on our team!
As a full-time teacher with IH Querétaro, you can expect a maximum of 25 in-class hours (online and/or in person) per week and monthly professional development sessions to help you refine your teaching skills. If the school is not able to assign the 25 in-class hours, you are expected to be available during the Monday-Saturday work week to assist the Director of Studies in developing materials, conducting entrance exams, invigilating and administering Cambridge exams, giving sample classes, and carrying out any other professional tasks deemed necessary. You are also obliged to attend all professional development meetings when scheduled.
Classes are given from Monday through Saturday online and/or face-to-face in companies, at IH, and at other sites in the city (and occasionally in nearby municipalities) in accordance with client needs. Scheduling for these classes during the week can be divided into three different blocks: early morning (e.g., 7am-12:30pm), mid-day (12:30pm-5pm) and evening (e.g., 5pm -9pm), and on Saturdays from 9am-2pm. In the event that classes are taught in companies, travelling time to and from companies is approximately 60-90 minutes on public transportation. In as much as it is possible, we try to assign teachers to classes that are in companies located near their homes and may even be able to arrange car-pooling. Our students are generally teens and adults, from different socio-economic backgrounds, nationalities, and may be full-time students or working professionals.
Three further benefits for our full-time teachers:
- Spanish language classes are provided free of charge, and scheduling of these will depend on the teacher's class schedule and language level, as well as the availability of the Spanish language staff availability. Teachers can also choose to take a DELE exam near the end of their contract, and certify their Spanish language level.
- IHQRO is a certified Cambridge ESOL Platinum Examination Centre, and as such, you could be trained as a Cambridge speaking examiner and invigilator, and pending approval by Cambridge, become part of the IH Queretaro team that carries out the Cambridge speaking exams in the central region of Mexico every spring.
- Social security (public healthcare) is also paid for by IH Queretaro for all full-time teachers once they have been granted their work visas.
At IH Queretaro we are excited by the task of providing learning possibilities for our students and teachers, and are inspired by what they accomplish! We look forward to having you join us in our endeavors!
Watch what Hazel says about working with us
Visa: All teachers coming to work in Mexico must procure a work permit before entering the country, and IH Querétaro oversees and pays for permit expenses incurred in Mexico.
Flights: To cover flight costs the school will pay $5,000 Mexican pesos (in the form of reimbursement upon completion of contract)
Accommodation: We arrange and pay for accommodation for teachers during their first week in Querétaro.
Holidays: Teachers are entitled to approximately 1 month of paid holidays during the year - 2 weeks in December, the first few days of January, and one week at Easter.