- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- Experience teaching YLs and Cambridge exams an advantage.
We are able to employ UK nationals and will assist in getting them a visa.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated teachers with EU (or British) citizenship + CELTA/CertTESOL who want to pursue teaching English as their career and are looking for teacher development. The position is for the 2021/22 academic year starting in mid September with a paid induction week from 13th September (arriving into Poland the weekend before) and lasting until 30th June 2022 (with the possibility of staying on for the 2022/23 academic year). The first day of teaching will be on Monday 20th September. International House Torun has an excellent reputation for its continuous professional development that it offers its teachers. Come and be part of our team!
If you are looking to develop as a teacher, then IH Torun is the school to work at. We offer teacher development sessions once a week as well as weekly free basic conversational Polish lessons with a qualified Polish teacher. You will be teaching up to 25 Teaching hours of English (25 x 45 mins) each week in a fun, friendly and supportive school. Your classes will include a mixture of Young Learners (7-10) as well as teenagers (13-17) and adult 1-1 students/group classes at a variety of CEFR levels. Twice a week you may also have to commute to our satellite school in Inowroclaw (45 mins away). There is no weekend teaching, though on some Saturdays (no more than 4 a year) you'll be involved in some social events.
NB. Depending on the current pandemic situation, there is a possibility that the majority of lessons may be conducted online. We will have a clearer picture in September 2021.
We welcome enthusiastic teachers who have some experience, though newly-qualified will also be considered.
Torun is a great place to live and work; certainly it's a home away from home! IH Torun is a small school but is very well-known within the ELT community for its great focus on teacher development. In 2018 we celebrated our 25th anniversary.
Every year, we organise the IH Torun Teacher Training Day which has had some big name ELT presenters in the past such as Scott Thornbury, Adrian Underhill, Carol Read, Jon Hird, Katherine Bilsborough, Rob Howard, Hugh Dellar, John Hughes and Marjorie Rosenberg. We also offer extensive CPD opportunities. If you think teaching English is your career and you want to progress and improve, then this is definitely the school for you.
- Transport to out-of-town contracts* is provided, and salary increments paid (*if lessons are face to face)
- Outstanding INSETT programme and CPD opportunities including free entry to the annual IH Torun International Teacher Training Day which attracts big names in the world of TEFL (past presenters include Scott Thornbury, Adrian Underhill, Carol Read, Marjorie Rosenberg, Hugh Dellar and John Hughes). Teachers also attend an annual teacher training day at our sister school (IH Bydgoszcz)
- Chance to present and lead your own sessions during the INSETT programme
- Chance to present during the annual IH Online Teachers Conference (beamed around the world)
- Basic Polish lessons with a qualified Polish language teacher are provided once a week
- All EU citizens are eligible for free national healthcare under the Polish health system. Teachers MUST bring a valid European Health Card with them. The cost of medication and dental care are not covered
- Shared accommodation in single bedrooms in a local, fully-furnished flat.
- Return flights from within Europe. The one way ticket is reimbursed at the start of the contract and again at the end of the contract
- All teachers returning to IH Torun receive a monthly increment of 10% on top of their basic salary
- Having IH Torun on your CV looks great as we are highly regarded within the International House organisation
Flights: We cover return flights from within Europe with a low-cost airline. The one way inbound flight is reimbursed at the start of the contract and the outbound return flight is reimbursed at the end of the contract.
Accommodation: Accommodation is provided in a single room in a shared flat (shared with one other teacher). The flat is a 20 mins walk away from the school. All flats are modern and fully-furnished.
Visa: The school will give visa assistance to British citizens wishing to apply.
Holiday: Holiday pay is included. Holidays include Christmas, Easter and Ferie (the Polish winter break).