- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU. UK nationals: After Brexit, UK nationals may not automatically have the right to work in Hungary, but we will assist successful candidates with their visa application.
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- You must have a C2 level of English
We are looking for effective, motivated, and enthusiastic teachers who are strongly committed to on-going professional development. The ideal candidate will be willing and able to teach all levels and all types of classes, including general, business, 1-to-1, exams and Young Learners.
There is a maximum average of 25 hours (60 minutes) per week over a four week period, made up of teaching and administration hours.
Budapest is one of the most popular destinations thanks to its beautiful sights, amazing baths and spas and its vivid cultural and night life. IH Budapest has a friendly environment and a great community of teachers and Educational Management.
What we are looking for:
• precision and accuracy
• teachers will have to be prepared to work split-shifts and/or straight shifts
• newly-qualified teachers are welcome
What we offer:
• monthly travel pass
• a strong professional development programme (regular workshops/seminars, mentoring system, specialised TT courses, discount on DELTA, etc.)
• good working environment
• free Hungarian lessons
• free IH Budapest mini-courses (YL, Exam Prep, Teaching 1 to 1)
Flights: A maximum 70,000 HUF allowance towards the cost of a return flight booked in the teacher’s name.
Accommodation: The school can provide assistance with finding accommodation.
Holiday: 2 weeks paid holiday at Christmas, 1 week paid holiday at Easter, 1 or 2 weeks paid upon completion of contract depending on the number of hours taught.