- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- PGCE - QTS
Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you hardworking, flexible and ready to make a difference? If so, we might be the school for you. We are a growing Montessori international nursery, primary and middle school located in the beautiful city of Lecce in the heart of Salento, Puglia, South Italy.
Our Montessori international primary school is looking for an enthusiastic, qualified, English speaking Early years / Primary 1 teacher to become part of our dedicated team teaching the Cambridge International Curriculum, including English, science, ICT, global perspectives and drama. As a member of the English department you will become an integral part of the wider teaching staff, whose role it is to provide bilingual education to our pupils.
- are in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- are English speaking.
- have recent experience teaching English as an additional language
- know their subject well and know how to teach it.
- seek to understand their students and their educational needs.
- strive to communicate a love of learning and to encourage students to engage actively in their own learning.
- are highly professional in their approach to teaching and are collaborative and supportive.
- are themselves learners, seeking to build on and develop their knowledge and skills while supporting their students to become independent and reflective learners.
- are an EU passport holder or are already in possession of a valid visa that enables them to work in Italy.
- A competitive salary.
- The opportunity for new and experienced teachers to be involved in the continual development of the Cambridge International Primary Curriculum at our school to the highest possible standards.
- Professional development during employment.
- Italian lessons as required.
- Help with finding accommodation.
- A supportive working environment.
- Offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and immigration authorization if applicable. Due to time constraints we will only be able to accept applications from EU passport holders or those who already have eligibility to work in Italy.