Essential role requirements
- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
We are looking for enthusiastic and inspirational leaders to form part of our project consolidating over 65 years of language teaching in Spain. We are passionate about helping people and believe in providing quality language teaching.
As a member of the academic management team, an Academic Manager (AM) will participate in the direction of the academy as part of the school meeting committee along with the commercial director. The AM will work closely with other AMs and the commercial team to ensure a quality product and client satisfaction.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the daily running, i.e.: courses, classes, organizing classrooms, teachers’ hours, standby, etc... of the academy with other members of the AM team
- Leading, motivating and organising the teaching team
- Implementing protocols for quality, standardization, and health and safety.
- The quality assurance of the teaching operation.
- The didactic support of learners and teachers, including covering classes of any age or level as necessary
- Customer service
- Assisting the Commercial department in promoting the academy’s services to corporate and institutional clients
- Assisting with the development and implementation of products and publicity
Requirements – The ideal candidate should have:
- The ability to work well in a team
- An understanding of customers’ needs
- A proactive, positive attitude
- A very strong EFL back¬ground with all ages of students and a good working knowledge of Cambridge ESOL exams (DELTA would be considered an advantage).
- A liking for people and an ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both spoken and written English
- Proven organisational and administrative skills
- Significant experience of teaching online, ideally with ZOOM
- Good practical knowledge of word, excel, PowerPoint, and online learning platforms
- The ability to help to resolve a wide variety of teacher and student problems and to work under stress
- An understanding of the commercial side of language school management
- The ability to be flexible according to the changing needs of the academy and its clients
- Management experience
- A good level of Spanish (B2 or above) or an ability to learn fast.
- Commitment to providing stability and a vision of the future
Flights: Initial help up to 300€
Accommodation: three nights in a hotel
Visa: The personnal department will help you to get the Spanish compulsory paperwork and also you will be able to learn Spanish in the school
Holiday: You will have 2 weeks at Christmas, Holy week, as the convenio says and two days in the week of "feria of May".