- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
- The role is open only to those with the right to work in the EU.
- You must have a degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- You must have a YL qualification
We’re looking for a highly motivated academic manager to join our team here in Palermo, Italy. First and foremost, we want a dedicated teacher who shares our core values of learning and community.
Who are you?
- A dynamic, professional, and creative leader who brings strong communication skills and flexibility to the role.
- A Delta-qualified, experienced teacher (minimum 5 years working with a variety of age groups, levels and exams).
- Experience of in-house teacher training and teacher support.
- Previous academic management experience including customer care and progress management.
- Current CELTA and IHCYLT trainer status, or ready to be trained in these roles.
- Keen interest in their own professional development and that of others.
Who are we?
- A well-established school based in Palermo, the capital of Sicily.
- We employ 10 full-time teachers in addition to our academic management team and highly-experienced support staff.
- The school offers a range of General English courses to adults, teens and young learners as well as exam preparation.
- We have an extensive teacher training programme including CELTA, IHCYLT, in-house and state school teacher training.
- We have an Italian department and staff members are provided with 'survival' Italian lessons, if required.
- We are an accredited Cambridge and IELTS exams centre.
- This year we’re celebrating our 45th anniversary and have a long history of excellence in teaching and teacher training here in Sicily.
Working in a stimulating environment, you will grow as a teacher, teacher trainer and leader. Alongside the DoS and Head of Teacher training you will have a real opportunity to help our teachers develop and achieve their professional goals.
As a key part of the management team, you will be central to helping the school continue to thrive and we welcome someone who would bring a creative and collaborative approach to this.
Flights: Return flights at the beginning and end of contract (max 120 Euro one-way)
Accommodation:The school can provide assistance with finding accommodation.
Visa: Full assistance provided to EU citizens to obtain documents required to work in Italy.
Holiday: 2 weeks at Christmas, one week at Easter and 3 weeks in the summer plus national holidays.