- You must have a CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent initial teaching qualification
- You must have a DELTA (at least 1st module), DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
Experience in academic management, a YL qualification and IH experience are desirable.
International House Riga is looking for a new Director of Studies to manage our dynamic team of teachers. IH Riga has over 30 members of teaching staff (including modern language teachers) and has a student body of more than 1,800, the majority under the age of 18.
Our Senior Team consists Director of Studies, ADoSs and/or Senior Teachers and provides day-to-day guidance and constantly works to improve our systems and procedures. The Director of studies leads the academic management team and is responsible for maintaining teaching and training excellence through observations and feedback, weekly training seminars and IH courses. Working closely with our teachers, the DoS ensures teaching quality and client satisfaction works to maintain a positive working environment for all teaching staff.
The DoS is also responsible for the running of the LanguageCert exams centre, Cambridge CELTA and Delta M1 exams, updating end of course tests, placement testing, meeting with publishers and helping to organise social, cultural and educational events for staff and students.
The DoS needs to work with the Managing Director and marketing managers to continue to enhance the school's online presence and reputation within Latvia and IHWO.
The DoS is also expected to teach up to 9 timetabled hours per week and be available for cover lessons as the need arises.
There are exciting training opportunities available, including training as a teacher trainer, CELTA trainer, Language Cert examiner and examiner trainer as well as organising and participating in local and international conferences.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of and enthusiasm for creating and promoting new products (such as online/blended courses).
- A willingness to share your expertise and experience with the team by organizing and providing high-quality teacher training on a regular basis.
- A flexible approach to people management and learning and teaching styles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A commitment to the aims, objectives and ethos of International House Riga and IHWO.
- A high motivation to further the educational success of the school.
Flights: Flights are reimbursed up to 300 EUR for each academic year
Accommodation: The school is able to provide a single studio flat in the city centre at a reduced rate of 100 EUR or 200 EUR for a one bedroom flat. This includes bills (capped) except TV and internet.
Visa: The school assists all new full time teachers to obtain Latvian residency and to open bank accounts. The school also offers emergency medical insurance.
Holiday: There are 31 days paid holidays (including public holidays) per 12 month contract.
Other: A fully-paid induction course and up to 10 hours of Latvian lessons (subject to take up).